Monday, October 31, 2011

Twirly Tutu.


Wow!  It's been quite a while since I've posted, most of you by this time probably thought that I was dead.   I am however very much alive and you will just have to deal with my little posts until the nest time Rebecca posts. (which is no doubt the reason you are here.)  However, I hope that I am somehow able to make it up to all of you (if any) who frequent this blog.


Anywho, I have been wanting to make a tutu for my little sister Liberty for quite some time now.  It was only recently that I actually built up the courage to cut up all that beautiful material and make it into an even more beautiful tutu.  I think that I was afraid that I would mess it up.  (it is not at all entirely impossible that I still have.)

It was SO easy!  I really want to make another one!  I was thinking that they would make awesome christmas presents.  For like cousins or *cough* Sisters *cough*.

Anyway, with the holiday season coming on I should be getting into my crafting mood again.

I took all these pictures with my iPod by the way.  They're not too bad for that camera.
















Supplies: Ribbon, Tulle (I got 1 yard of each color) , Scissors, and a paper towel roll.













First you cut your ribbon to fit the persons waist that you are making it for, and cut your tulle into strips.  Then you tie the ribbon around the paper towel roll.   And begin tying your strips on in whatever order you want (slip knot) until you have enough tho go around the persons waist and....  Ta-Da!  There you have it.  Your own tutu!  It is so much fun!  and very easy.


Thanks for reading!

~Happy Blogging~
            HAnNahW 

No comments:

Post a Comment